There are many opportunities for students and teachers alike to be recognized for achievement related to Wyoming History Day.
General Award and Scholarship Information
To be eligible for a Special Award, a student must comply with the following rules:
- If your entry is in the Historical Paper Category send an electronic copy of your paper to the address below. Your copy needs to arrive by Monday, April 8, 2020.
- To be eligible for one of the awards marked with an asterisk (*) you must submit an electronic copy of your process paper and annotated bibliography to the address below, regardless of the category of your entry. This copy needs to arrive by Monday, April 8, 2020. Note that this copy is in addition to the 3 hard copies of these documents needed for the regular judging.
We are now using online registration for the state contest and so we are asking students to only indicate if they wish to be considered for a special award marked with an asterisk (*) by submitting 3 copies or an electronic copy of their process paper and annotated bibliography ahead of time and/or complete the special application for the WSHS Scholarship. Students should check the awards for which they wish to be considered while they complete their registration online.
Send electronic copies of papers, bibliographies, and application materials to:
Hard copies should be sent to:
Wyoming History Day Coordinator
American Heritage Center
Dept. 3924, 1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82070-2000
Wyoming History Day Teacher of Merit Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize teachers who effectively teach history and analytical skills while fostering creativity.
- Teachers must have students entered in the current year's Wyoming State History Day Contest
- The teacher who is selected will be eligible for the consideration for the National History Day Teacher of Merit Award
- The teacher who is selected is required to submit a brief essay on how they use history day in the classroom and at least 3 letters of support from students, parents or administrators to the State Coordinator by April 1, of the current year.
- The teacher who is selected may be eligible to have a portion of the cost of their travel to the national contest underwritten by Wyoming State History Day.