- “The Rock Springs Massacre” by Tom Rea, WyoHistory.org.
- “The Wyoming Experience: Chinese in Wyoming” (Readings in Wyoming History, Essay #5) by Dudley Gardner, Wyoming Almanac and History of Wyoming (Phil Roberts, editor).
- "Eyewitness to Racism: Andrew Bugas and the Rock Springs Massacre of 1885," Discover History: The Blog of the American Heritage Center.
- “The Rock Springs Massacre, September 2, 1885,” Discover History: The Blog of the American Heritage Center.
- “Francis E. Warren: A Massachusetts Farm Boy Who Changed Wyoming,” by Kerry Drake, WyoHistory.org.
- Wyoming. Governor (1885-1886: Warren), "Special Report of the Governor of Wyoming to the Secretary of the Interior concerning Chinese Labor Troubles, 1885." (1885). Trinity College Digital Repository, East Collection. 69. Trinity College Library, Hartford, Conn.
- “Chinese Immigration and the Chinese Exclusion Acts,” U.S. Department of State Office of the Historian.
- “Timeline of Chinese Immigration to the United States,” The Bancroft Library, University of California.
- Selected articles from Chronicling America, Library of Congress.