Coal mine No. 1, Rock Springs, ca. 1890
Mine No. 1 was the oldest and largest of the Union Pacific Coal Company mines in Rocks Springs. It opened in 1868 and employed about 500 miners.
W.B.D. and Annette B. Gray Papers, Collection No. 1053, Box 20, American Heritage Center, University of Wyoming
Right click on the image to download. For a larger version, click the link below and right click on the image that loads.